Friday, December 3, 2010

Feminine Fridays

Here are a few more notebooks that I made for this year's Christmas Craft Fair that was held on November 20th.  I apologize for not taking pictures of the inside.
The flower on this one and the one below were sprayed with Glimmer Mist to give them a little shine.

It was this one that Betty and I suggested to the Australian Lady to purchase for her "honey" female co-worker  as opposed to the Honey Do one from Monday's post.
For the butterflies, I wrapped 10 gauge wire around the middle to give them antennas.  Some of these had pockets on the inside cover, some did not.  To make the pocket, I measured a piece of designer paper on the reverse side a half inch less than the width, put sticky strip on the sides and bottom.  Before adhering I punched a half circle in the middle. 

I know, I know, I've used retired designer paper again. I have so much of it I must put it to good use before purchasing the current ones.

The actual notebooks are the junior legal pads purchased at Office Depot. I found out yesterday that Office Depot will be no more in Edmonton.  WHAT!!! Say it isn't so!!!  There is only one store left in the West End and it will be closing on January 14th.  I am crushed as this is my favorite office supply store. I feel awful for the staff as most of them have been there since the store opened well over 10 years ago.

*** REGINA'S MISSION ***

Hey girl, got those closets sorted out yet?? :):)

Regina your mission is to take something such as  a notebook, a package of tissue, post-its, a CD, etc... and cover it with designer paper.  I bet you've got something brewing in your ever so creative mind already.
******

If you haven't been to Regina's blog yet make sure you click here to have a look.  You won't be disappointed.

See Ya Next Week! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Notepads, Julie gave me one for my friend for helping at the craft sale & he really likes it & uses it. I was at Office Depot & there is no big sale only 20% off perhaps in January the sale will be better.

Betty

Elle said...

Love your notebooks. Especially the flower on the first one! Elle