Monday, November 29, 2010

Manly Mondays Week #29

26 Shopping days left before Christmas!  Are you ready?  If you are anything like me, your immediate answer is NOT.  Here's a little treat you may want to add to your man's gift this year.




This is a Hershey's Almond bar wrapped in Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I am not the originator of this project. I saw it on a blog post a few years back and have been making them ever since.  I do not have specifics on the directions, I just add from my stock of supplies.  I did the bows a little different this year as in the past I would purchase red bows at the $1 store.  This year I could not seem to find any.  I can tell you that before I did wrap the bar I folded the edge of the wrapper and held it down with a piece of tape to give the top and bottom a cleaner edge so that it would not poke out when I added the scallop circle punch in Creamy Caramel Cardstock.  Except for the nose that was made with Creamy Caramel and Real Red, and a white Crayola Pencil, it was all adhered with a glue gun.  Quite a bit of glue is required on these to make sure they don't pop open and I found a glue gun to do the trick.

These would work well as a stocking stuffer or an attachment to a gift.

Frankii's in big trouble :)  He was caught on the guest bed.  With this look who can be mad at him....



I guess he figured if he "posed" I wouldn't be so mad.  He was right :)  I said to him "You have three beds in this house, why do you need a fourth?"  He didn't even flinch.  He just stayed there perhaps thinking if he didn't move he would be invisible. What a dog!! Does he seem to be smiling to you....

A La Prochaine!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cool stocking stuffers. Glad Franki is comfy.

Betty

Kathy the Teawife said...

Very cute chocolate bar covers!

Lisa T said...

What a cute project!
Love your doggie, too! :)

Regina Andari said...

I love the candy bar wraps!!!! How cute!!! Love the picture of Frankii, too. I feel kind of sorry for him that he didn't get away with doing a no-no, but it's good that he didn't get in trouble.

Elle Kasban said...

How cute is this! I'm doing a Reindeer themed table for the kiddies on Christmas morning and this would be perfect for their granola bars! Elle

AK Stamper said...

How cute these little Reindeer....just wish my boys would get busy I need some grandkids to make goodies like these!

Shell~Alaska♥

P.S. I'm on the ban wagon to nix word verifications on blogs!