Friday, November 19, 2010

Feminine Fridays Week #17

It is time to pull out the mukluks and dust off the ear muffs people. WOWZERS it's a cool morning. Fresh, as Albertans describe it.  At the time of writing it is
-28C (-18.4F). I got the "are you kidding me" look from Frankii this morning when I opened the door for him. I'm positive if he could talk human he would have told me something like "not on your life am I going out there" or "I don't have to P that bad". 

Tomorrow is the Christmas Craft Fair that I signed up for exactly a year ago.  You have to get in early to get a table at this one. For the last month I have had nothing but issues making projects. The glue would ooze out, the paper was cut to short and so on and so on.  When I attempted to make tiles, the craft ink ran of the image under the glassy glaze for some reason.  I told my husband the issues I had and that I had thrown them out.  "Oh no" he says "I can use them for target practice".  So he dug them out of the craft room trash. Good thing it's only paper in there. I do have some that made the cut so it wasn't a total lost.

Today's project is one that I had planned on making 4 of. My friend Penny  (Hi! :-)  hooked me up with some awesome "feet" by Tim Holtz awhile back. Well, this is one of the projects that will go under the "issues" label. Unfortunately, the glue that was used, obviously a little too much, oozed out and does not have a nice finish to it. I'm happy with everything else though but not enough to put it on sale.


The only Stampin' Up supplies used here are the Mellow Moss and Early Espresso Cardstock and a bit of Afternoon Tea Designer Paper. The brown ribbon is also Stampin' Up. The lace ribbon is actually a $1 store find.

Here's a side view


I may add a few more things to it like some words from a Sizzix Die. It is definitely staying home tomorrow.

*** REGINA'S MISSION ***



Trying out a new format.  It's a little rocky and amateurish but fun all the same.

Make sure you go to Regina's blog to see what she's been up to lately.  She's been posting some most amazing projects.

See Ya Next Week!

6 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Julie, I think your project turned out beautiful!!! The "feet" really take the box to a whole new level (pun intended)! And let me just say . . . I thoroughly enjoyed the mission video, the background music and, of course, a hello from Agent Frankii! What a fun "Feminine Fridays" this is!!!!

lady Anne Howard said...

Great project Julie,I think it is really pretty and feminine...
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

carole4lee@sbcglobal.net said...

I love your project. Thanks for sharing

Carole Miller

Anonymous said...

WOW You really went overboard on this box. GREAT job can't wait to see it. Video went very well not bad for 1st time. Love to see & hear Franki involved in the video. Keep up the good work

Betty

Patrice Herrera said...

CUTE!!!!!!!! Hi Frankii What an adorable idea thanks! Where can we get a set of these feet????

lavenderlass said...

If that is a reject, I would really like to see the non-rejects!! That is absolutely gorgeous. Do you have a tutorial?