Monday, August 23, 2010

Manly Mondays Week#18

I came across this shiny green paper when I was going through my supplies a few weeks ago. Wasn't sure I wanted to do anything with it and considered getting rid of it. I'm glad I decided to keep it. Turns out, it went rather well with this week's card. This is a case from a magazine page of a few years back.



The fish is from a retired set, Nature Prints. The base of the card is Pumpkin Pie and the scaly looking paper is actually quite green and very fragile.  I made the hooks with 25 gauge silver wire using jewelry pliers. To apply "the hooks" to the paper I put a bit of Crystal Effects on a piece of scrap paper and just rolled the wire in it. It's holding up amazingly well.

For Frankii fans here he is playing with his girlfriend Dolly. 

                                    

They have such a good time together.  Just the mention of her name sends his heart all a flutter. 

A La Prochaine! 

4 comments:

craftystamper said...

Great fish card. This may be one for me to case for my craft shows in cottage country. Thanks for sharing. Love the hooks.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

What a clever idea to make your own hooks to go with the card! Crystal Effects, I have learned, will hold just about anything as long as it makes contact until it dries. Best wishes to Frankii and his new love, Dolly. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT Manly Card. I love the colors also. Keep up the clever designs.

Betty

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

I remember that set! Great card :)