Monday, August 23, 2010

Manly Mondays Week#18

I came across this shiny green paper when I was going through my supplies a few weeks ago. Wasn't sure I wanted to do anything with it and considered getting rid of it. I'm glad I decided to keep it. Turns out, it went rather well with this week's card. This is a case from a magazine page of a few years back.



The fish is from a retired set, Nature Prints. The base of the card is Pumpkin Pie and the scaly looking paper is actually quite green and very fragile.  I made the hooks with 25 gauge silver wire using jewelry pliers. To apply "the hooks" to the paper I put a bit of Crystal Effects on a piece of scrap paper and just rolled the wire in it. It's holding up amazingly well.

For Frankii fans here he is playing with his girlfriend Dolly. 

                                    

They have such a good time together.  Just the mention of her name sends his heart all a flutter. 

A La Prochaine! 

4 comments:

Crafty Maria said...

Great fish card. This may be one for me to case for my craft shows in cottage country. Thanks for sharing. Love the hooks.

Regina Andari said...

What a clever idea to make your own hooks to go with the card! Crystal Effects, I have learned, will hold just about anything as long as it makes contact until it dries. Best wishes to Frankii and his new love, Dolly. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT Manly Card. I love the colors also. Keep up the clever designs.

Betty

Caroline said...

I remember that set! Great card :)