Monday, August 9, 2010

Manly Mondays Week#16

I made a card for my beloved husband this week.  He took me to Capital Ex over the long weekend. He doesn't like going to this type of event so it was a very special day.  The only reason I wanted to go was to get a Corn Dog and a warm Root Beer. Ever get a cold drink at an outside event that's 28+.... It was over 8 years since I had one.  So off we went with Betty in tow.  I can happily say that hubby had a great time. So did Betty and I.  The corn dog was most delicious and the root beer did not disappoint. Man, did we look at purses! And that subway ride...this city girl turned country girl is gonna stay in the country a little while longer.

While I was going through my stampin' supplies deciding what to keep and what to sell at my garage sale this coming Saturday, click here for the details, I came across this awesome paper that I bought years ago.  This card came to mind immediately.



The base is Early Espresso. I believe the paper is from K&C. I used the retired set, Amazing to Zany and stamped words here and there in Early Espresso Classic Ink. The letters, I used the Sizzix die cut Wingo Zingo, my favorite, in case you haven't figured that out already :). I strung a tag using the Small Tag Punch with Twine and the crown image is from Artistic Etchings.
   

For the inside I simply added a few die cuts layered on some more fabulous paper.  I'm sure that he is going to love this card.

A La Prochaine! 

No comments: