Friday, August 13, 2010

Feminine Fridays Week #3

This week we, Regina and I, bring to you a rather rare technique.  If it's out there, it's hiding. While I was going through my craft room deciding what to put up for sale in the Garage Sale tomorrow, I came across a technique in a magazine that I had put aside to try. The next time you come across a pretty napkin/serviette keep it as you may want to try this. 



I pulled the pattern off the napkin, this was a three ply and it came apart quite easily.  I then cut a layer of Elegant Eggplant at about 3x4, sprayed it with EZ Spray Mount, then layed the napkin over top and smoothed it down with my hand for an even finish. I trimmed the edges with my Tabletop Paper Cutter.  Put that aside to let it dry a bit. Meanwhile on a base of Very Vanilla stamped the image from Just Believe in Elegant Eggplant. Having this set in Clear Mount sure made it easier to decide which part of the image would go where. I layed the napkin layer over top and added a sentiment from the Hostess Level 3 Set, Occasional Quotes, stamped in Elegant Eggplant on a tag from the Sizzlit Die - Lots of Tags. The flower was made from pages of an old book using the 1 3/4 Scallop Circle Punch. Before I put a brad in the middle to hold it together I used a sponge dauber to add some Elegant Eggplant and also sprayed some White Shimmer Paint mixed with water to give it some highlights.



On the inside I simply stamped the same image used in the front at an angle.
Make sure you drop by Regina's blog to have a look at the fabulous Drawer Boxes she created last weekend. Gorgeous!

See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Julie, I too have got napkins & was going to try this technique. But you did such a wonderful job of course. Knowing your work I think the picture does not do this card justice. Lovely Card & Love the colors.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Julie
Card looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Heather