Monday, January 31, 2011

Manly Mondays and the Blog Candy Winner

I'd like to start off by thanking you for all your heartfelt comments on the Memory of our Tex from this post. We truly appreciate them. And please, no tears J, there was nothing more that he disliked. Made it hard to watch a chick flick with him in the room LOL.

***BLOG CANDY WINNER FROM LAST MONDAY***

The blog candy winner is from this commentator:

Sandi said...
What a cute card -- and how nice that you are able to have somebody share your stampin' time with you!! Welcome Betty, and thanks for reminding me that I haven't used this stamp "yet" -- I know, I hate to even admit it. But I will change that for sure!!

Congratulations Sandi!  Make sure you send me your mailing info by Wednesday Midnight from the "Email Me" link on the left hand side.

Make sure you read to the bottom 'cuz there's a little more candy up for grabs!

On to this week's card.  I hadn't made a black and white card in awhile so I thought it was time.



All the images are from the Pendant Park set.  The tree is embossed in White and the corners of the black layer were rounded using the Small Corner Rounder Punch. The bench (could that be one of the squirrels that Frankii has been trying to catch.....) was stamped with Black Craft Ink and embossed with clear powder. The Hello was done the same way and punched with the 1 1/4 Circle punch and adhere to a Basic Black punch out using the Large Designer Label punch.  Added two black brads and used Dimensionals to adhere to the Whisper White base.

Wouldn't this card be great for the senior down the road or your favorite cashier at your favorite store or your Uncle you haven't spoken to in awhile........

I've mentioned that I am re-organizing/sorting in the craft room.  Trust me, it needs a lot of work! There is stuff all over the place and discovering that there are many things that I have not used and probably never will.  So, for BLOG CANDY, I thought I would offer up these little cards with perforated labels all ready to be attached to your card or project. They are from Stampin' Up and I don't even remember from what or when I got them.....


And YES, I will also include this week's card. Soooooo, leave a comment by Sunday Midnight Feb 6, and I'll let you know who the winner is next Monday morning. GOOD LUCK! For those of you that subscribe by email, the post goes out to you by 9:00am Mountain Time.

A La Prochaine!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like this idea. Looks great & not that complicated. This is the type of card that can go to anyone for any reason. Once again Julie you have done a great job.

Betty

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

I agree with Betty, and I like the B&W! We get so busy trying to choose coordinating colors and forget the basics sometimes. Don't let Frankii see this card! Ha! Good luck with your re-organization. I know what a huge task that is!

Card Crazy said...

Stunning card. Nice, dramatic statement so appropriate for a man's card.
Sue S.

shari said...

great card for a man or older son. Love it. thanks for sharing

Mickie said...

B&W on a card is very striking to my way of thinking. Very pretty. By-the-way, just read your post of Tex, so sweet and heart rendering. He puts me in mind of Garrett whom we had to put down also, such a sweet loving dog.

Joan Ervin said...

This is really pretty...I just love the white embossing on the black...sooo classy looking!!!! I, too read you post about Tex...he must have been a wonderful friend!!!