Monday, October 2, 2017

Manly Mondays

On the weekend I happen to catch an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.  Will had on a shirt that inspired this card.  I have to tell you, it did not go in the direction that I had planned out. I was going to start all over but then the more I looked at it the more I liked it. 



On a base of Always Artichoke I adhered a layer of Sahara Sand, followed by a layer of Always Artichoke Designer Paper.  By doing that the Designer Paper almost looks gold.  On a piece of Always Artichoke I applied VersaMark then a light orange embossing powder (that's been in my craft room for what seems like forever) that made me think of the colors around us right now.  I repeated the process roughly 8 times.  The leaf from Vintage Leaves was stamped with VersaMark then added to the embossing powder while still hot and left there for a minute. 

I did not get the impression I was going for.  So I walked away from it for a while.  When I later picked it up it cracked.  Well, I thought, why don't I over emboss the impression with green embossing powder.  So I did that and once it was dry I cracked it some more.  Tilted it to add to the card with dimensionals since the layer is quite thick with all the embossing.  

In the end I am quite pleased with the result.  Hope you think so too.  

Until next time ! 

No comments: