Friday, June 22, 2012

Freestyle Fridays - Crayon Resist

Did I struggle with this card!  I was the victim of over thinking and got myself into trouble choosing a color combination.  Time was running short to post for today's feature so I ended up settling on Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze and Summer Starfruit.  You will find this combination behind Summer Starfruit in the Color Coach which I keep at hands reach on my craft table.


I had  tried  Crayon Resist quite some time ago and wanted to revisit it in the hopes of coming up with a really WOW creation.  With regret, my over thinking got the better of me.  On Glossy cardstock I stamped the flower from Fabulous Florets with Black Stazon several times.  With a white crayola crayon I went around all the edges of the flowers.  Then I brayered all that with some Summer Starfruit classic ink.  The ink "resisted" on top of the crayola. That piece was then put through the Big Shot with a nestabilites layered on top of two fancy flourish die cuts.  (Jacoline, this is the die that Frankii sent you for your birthday.) OH, and the Baja Breeze layer was put through the Big Shot with the Swiss Dots folder. Sooo, that's it, that's all for this week.

********REGINA'S MISSION********

Regina for this week you are missioned to try the crayon resist technique.  I have discovered that the crayola need not be white, as long as it is a light color it will work fine. I wish you the best results!

See Ya Next Week!

1 comment:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Julie, your crayon resist turned out very pretty--I love the white edges as they appear to glow. I also like the idea of die-cutting the card stock, which is something I've never thought to do with this technique. You inspire me, and I look forward to seeing what I can come up with.