Friday, June 8, 2012

Freestyle Fridays - Add a little Ranger

I've been "collecting" Ranger distress inks and thought it was just about time to unwrap them and give them a try.  With this card I went with Tumbled Glass, Iced Spruce and Black Soot.  A note on the Black Soot - it doesn't dry quickly! which was one of those live and learn and it could have turn into a big 'ole mess and thankfully it did not.


I used a lot of retired product so please don't cry or moan.  Have to use it up one way or another.  The base is Blue Bayou with a layer of Basic Grey rounded at the top corners.  On a piece of Whisper White I sponged Tumbled Glass and Iced Spruce until I was satisfied with the color combination.  With the Black Soot I stamped the flower from Love & Care 3 times.  The sentiment is from Fabulous Florets also stamped with Black Soot. 

The Basic Gray satin ribbon was sprayed with fabric starch and ironed until it was nice and stiff.  I ran it through the Big Shot with an embossing folder and wrapped it around the bottom of the Whisper White cardstock.  I love this technique which I learned quite sometime ago somewhere off the Internet.

And, on the inside, with Basic Gray I die cut the Tim Holtz Butterflight and measured it exactly to fit.


The cut was adhered with two way glue and fit perfectly.  I made two of these and sent one off to a friend in Quebec.

********REGINA'S MISSION********

Now for Regina's Mission.  What to do, what to do.......  Since you love ribbon let's go with that and add some sponging with 3 colors.  You can use as much or as little ribbon as you would like.  But most of all, HAVE FUN!  I know it will be creative.

See Ya Next Week!  

No comments: