Thursday, June 9, 2011

Freestyle Fridays With a Colored Mission

The Stampin' Up Last Chance List is out and as most of you know I'm not a stickler at using only current SU products.  These sets are saying "Adieu" and I can guarantee you they will make an appearance on this blog: Bella Toile, Priceless, Fresh Cuts, Define Your Life (Seriously!!) just to name a few favorites. With that said this week's card features some retired products that will remain in this stamper's craft room for quite some time.

The colors are Wild Wasabi (which was once retired by the way), Rose Red and So Saffron.  The card is a 5x5 square.  The True Friend stamp is from Simple Friendship, also on the Last Chance List that I just purchased 2 weeks ago.  Just my luck I guess. It was stamped in all 3 colors. To make the flower I started with So Saffron Designer Paper and used the Bigz XL Flower Folds. To that I layered Rose Red Designer Paper petals punched from the Flower Blossom Punch (at least that's what I think it's called, I can't seem to locate it in a catalog but it is SU).  There are 8 petals in total. The Wild Wasabi flower is the Originals Blossom Party Die.  The So Saffron button was cut with the Embosslit Sweet Buttons, added especially for Miss Regina's love of buttons.  The Rose Red curlies are cut using the Sizzlits Decorative Strip Swirly. 

********REGINA'S MISSION********
Regina, your mission for this week, and as always, should you choose to accept, is to make a card using 3 - Three or Tree as we French people pronounce it - different colored Designer Paper, current or otherwise.

See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie I really like this card & the colors are fabulous together

Betty

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Julie I love what you have done with this card it is so lovely... keep up the great work. Looking forward to your Manly Monday posting