Monday, February 28, 2011

Manly Mondays - Week 38

I've been experimenting with color combinations with the technique that I shared with you in this post. I have to admit that I felt very creative as it was coming together.  

Just because Valentine's Day is over doesn't mean the Love has to stop.  I just might slip this into the Magic Drawer - Evan's sock and underwear drawer that always seems full on any given day. "Do I have any clean socks?" my reply is always "Look in your Magic Drawer."

Colors used were Not Quite Navy, River Rock and Cherry Cobbler with some Gold Embossing.  The River Rock was brushed with a Stipple Brush using Marina Mist to give it a softer look. Added some Cherry Cobbler Seam Bidding and Gold Cord.  The stamps sets are Vintage Vogue and Occasional Quotes.

Here's the inside  
 Have you tried this? Would love to know how it worked for you.

What's Up With Frankii

Frankii was not a happy canine yesterday.  He did have an extremely good week as he got to spend not only 1 day with Dolly but 3! His 7:00pm curfew turned into a self encouraged 6:00pm. He could barely lift his head up after dinner. She sure keeps him busy all day.

Here he is right after being told that he was not going to have a lot of outside squirrel chasing time. Oh Man he is right P O'd. Reason being: this is what was happening right outside our back door.

So much for seeing the bridge beyond that tree on the far right. There's a fire pit in front of that chair that's frozen in place since November. The snowflakes are about dime size and there does not seem to be an end in sight.  It is barely 7:30AM!!  The sun is not even up yet.  I asked Evan to make it stop.  His reply was "Sorry Sweetheart, I don't have that much power.  It will stop in a few weeks."  Excellent, I think. That's the spirit. Frankii is spending the day with Dolly today so he will have a much better day.

A La Prochaine! 

2 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Pretty card, Julie! I think you can hardly ever go wrong with Vintage Vogue.

Anonymous said...

Very nice clean card Julie. I am sure Evan will love it. With or without socks.

Betty H