Monday, October 18, 2010

Manly Mondays Week #24

I completely forgot to mention that I was going to take last Monday off to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. Sorry for the oversight.  The turkey was excellent, if I do say so myself. So was the company.

When Lynn Pratt posted her sheriff card I saved the link to it wanting to make something similar. This is the first time I've used the Owl Punch and I can see it will be used quite a bit.



I made the owl in Basic Grey and sponged it with a bit of Early Espresso. My favorite light for taking photos under is still not fixed, yup, it's still on the "Honey Do" list.  The mustache is actually a scrap I had on my table. It seemed to fit perfectly.  The star is a rub on from a retired collection so is the designer paper.  The picture of the gun, well, I had originally planned on cutting one out. My fingers just couldn't get the hang of it so I did a Google for revolver. Found this photo of a replica of Wild Bill Hickok revolver. Seemed fitting. 

For the inside: 


I typed up the words on my computer and printed on the same designer paper as the front. Not sure if I will ever give this one away.  If nothing else, hopefully you will find it "a little funny" to start your week off.

An FYI for Betty: The flannel is on the bed! No, I'm not talking code. Alberta nights are getting cold and time for the heavier stuff.

A La Prochaine!

2 comments:

Carol Matthews said...

Love your card - and your sense of humour!! :0)

Anonymous said...

GREAT CARD & Imagination !!!!!

Julie my flannel is on all year. I am never to hot......

Betty