Monday, October 4, 2010

Manly Mondays Week #24

I decided to use a color I have not touched at all this week - Poppy Parade. Then the challenge was on....what to use with it. My color coach sits right on my table thank goodness! The "sweet set" for this color is Poppy Parade - Sahara Sand - Not Quite Navy so I ran with it. The base is Poppy Parade, layered with Sahara Sand ran through the Big Shot using the Perfect Details Texturz Plate and the Decorative Label Punch. The ink is Not Quite Navy. A set that I find is under used is the Define Your Life. Don't know why, there are so many great sentiments. As I was reading them, I thought of a guy I know that really does quality work. With him in mind the card was designed. Once I had it all put together it looked a little flat so I went through my Clear Mount Stamps and came across the star from Itty Bitty Bits. No rhyme or reason to where it was stamped.


The "thanks" is from the Hostess Level 1 set Afterthoughts. Before I inked the stamp in Night of Navy I put a piece of tape over the "i love being spoiled" part and used that for the inside.


Hope my little card gives you some inspiration this week.

A La Prochaine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea I was worried Monday Morning when no card was posted. A little late hey LOL
Betty

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Poppy Parade is such a bright color that it's a wee bit of a challenge to decide which colors to pair with it--but I LOVE the color! I like the rounded corners on your card, and now I know that I "need" that new punch!