Monday, July 26, 2010

Manly Mondays Week #14

When I started doing the Manly Mondays cards I wanted to make a really WOW for the very first one. As it turns out, I over thought it and it just sat on my table.  I was looking at it again this week and decided to just go with it.  It's actually a take on a card from a Company's Coming book, with not so many elements.

Now that the new Stampin' Up catalog is out, almost everything used for this card has retired.  The only two exceptions are the Bravo Burgundy Cardstock and the Chocolate Chip Ink.

Set: Wanted
Cardstock: True Thyme, Bravo Burgundy, Mellow Moss
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Tools: Big Shot Textured Diamond Plate followed by using the Sanding Block, Distressing Tool
Elements: Wide Twill Tape, Silver Hodgepodge Buckle, Staring You Brads

I kept hearing this strange noise coming from the kitchen window the other night. A sound I had never heard before.  And look what I found.


This owl was actually looking the other way when I stepped outside.  It freaked me out when he turned his head.  It was only 8:00pm and I was disappointed when the picture came out so dark as the sun was barely down and wouldn't be for another two hours. Must learn to quickly change the settings on my camera. Right after this shot he took flight and flew into a tree on the property next door. He hasn't been back that I know of.  Would be really cool for a Halloween card. 

A La Prochaine!

1 comment:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

This is toooooooo cool!!!!! At first, I thought you had used a stamp set or Halloween embossing folder to create it--didn't realize at first that it was a photograph! Maybe your owl will return for Halloween!