Friday, July 30, 2010

Feminine Fridays Week #1

For some time I've been thinking of doing an alternative to the Manly Mondays. Early this week, Eileen, from one of the Yahoo Groups that I participate in, sent me this message: "I'm really glad you posted the Manly Monday cards. I find it very inspiring when people post their ideas and it just triggers all kinds of creativity in me. I wish more people would post their ideas. It's so much fun when they do."   She also included some incredible titles for everyday of the week. With her "good luck" the title of Feminine Fridays was born. Thank You Eileen, you are one creative and generous soul!

I followed that by contacting my Stampin' Sista Regina.  Regina and I have been "blogging friends" for almost a year now.  Amazing how a friendship can blossom over a "how do I ??" in a Yahoo post. She is one crafty individual and I'm honored that we are going to do this together. 

Here is our first contribution. This was made for a co-worker that had a bridal shower at work this week.  I found out that her bridal party colors are red and black.  I chose Ruby Red and ran with it. 


I started by making Thank You cards. I can not recall the name of the Cuttlebug folder that I used. I'm not very good at labeling these when I get them. Should you know, please drop me a note. The "Thank You" was stamped with Black Staz-On from the Thank You Kindly Set and I used the small corner rounder on the layer and the Whisper White Cardstock.



I then covered this little box with Ruby Red Designer Paper and embossed the bride from the For The Bride Stamp set in White.  Did the same for the Sentiment.  Also put some white paper flowers and put a Diamond Brad from the Pretties Kit in the middle. I put as many cards in the box that would fit, I think it turned out to be 16.  I really didn't count then, I just stuffed the box.


For the gift card, a Love Note was used.  Pulled out the large petals, stamped  Congratulations from the For The Bride Set in Ruby Red and adhered some Double Sided Designer Paper.  The inside of the card is below.  The swirl design on the envelope and inside the gift card is from the Friendship Blooms set (Hostess Level from a few years ago).  I also put the same swirl inside the Thank You card in the bottom left corner. (Sorry, no Pic!)


Be sure to drop by Regina's blog and have a look at what she's been up to.  You are in for a treat.

See Ya Next Week! 

No comments: