Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kathy Get Well

My friend Kathy is home from the hospital after having a hip replacement. I'll be going over to her house today to see her and bringing her this card. I don't think she's much into pink but I couldn't resist using the new designer paper Sending Love Specialty from the current mini. The picture in the catalog does not do it justice at all. The butterfly is done using the new Embosslit Die Beautiful Wings. I ran it through the Big Shot first on Pretty in Pink and then cardstock Vellum. Added a score line, a little bit of elastic bling (not Stampin' Up) and made a knot to try to make it look like antennaes. Folding it up a bit gives the illusion that the butterfly is in flight, as least, I hope it does :). The ribbon is also from the mini, Pretty in Pink satin. I used a technique from Carole'Anne's tutorial here. She's quite the creative one and has some really amazing artwork.

Inside I added a layer of Very Vanilla and Pretty In Pink wheeled with the new Very Vintage jumbo wheel.






A la prochaine....

2 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

whow Julie your friend Karen will just totally love your card
cause I sure do this card is super duper pretty my friend
thank you for linking me up - sure do appreciate it
wishing you a good day
and great job on your card

Firenze said...

So pretty!
TFS
Helen
Firenze Cards