Friday, November 1, 2013

Freestyle Fridays

Did you all survive Halloween?  Are the Christmas decorations up yet in the stores near you?  Crazy!
A while back a friend of mine celebrated her birthday and I wanted to create a little something different and out of my comfort zone.  This is what I came up with.

 
I started by choosing the material and matched the colors with it as best as I could.  I ironed on sticky back paper to the material then cut it through the Big Shot using the Stampin' UP mason jar die.  The green is Pear Pizzazz and the pink is from a stack of paper I bought at Costco oh so long ago.  The balloons were made with a die from Lil' Inkers that I first stamped using Versamark and clear embossing powder.  The pink paper has quite a shine to it.
 
I used silver and white crochet thread to have the balloons float out of the jar and attached them with dimensionals.  When I first used the sticky back paper (heat and bond I believe it is called) I actually placed it on the iron board on the wrong side so now my board has quite a shine to it.  No matter, I purchased it especially for crafting at a thrift store for $5.  I will eventually need a new cover for it but that's what happens in craft room right??  And, the card is square, 5 x 5 just to make Regina proud of me :)

*******REGINA'S MISSION********

So for your mission this week Regina, you are to use material.  I know you got some in that store of yours.  Glue it, die cut it, use it as a background..... You know what to do. 

Let us know if you would like to join in on these missions.  Would love to have you come along for the adventure.

See Ya Next Week! 

1 comment:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful, Julie, and so creative!!! That's a gorgeous piece of fabric that you used, and I will see what I can come up with next week. Of course, I love, love, love the square-ness of your card! Ha!