Friday, October 18, 2013

Freestyle Fridays

Hello and welcome to another edition of Freestyle Fridays.  Sometime back in the summer I made the card below and just this last week realized I had not posted it yet. 

 
It started with Coastal Cabana, followed by a layer of Shimmery Paper stamped in Coastal Cabana with the French Script background stamp.  The sentiment "my friend" was stamped with Strawberry Slush.  On Glossy Paper I embossed with white embossing powder the flourish from Flowering Flourishes and brayered Strawberry Slush all over it.  Once the brayering was done I wiped the Glossy Paper with a paper towel to bring out the white embossing.  Before adhering this layer ribbon was added, Black Satin and Silver Organdy, and put on some Jewels Basic Rhinestones to give some bling. 
 
Before we get to Regina's mission for this week I would like to introduce you to a new addition to our family.  Meet Jake! 
Right now he is all of 4 months old.  A Siberian X he is all legs which makes me suspicious he may have some Greyhound in him.  He really looks up to Frankii and watches him very closely.  Hopefully he will only pick up the good habits... he is teething something awful and actually likes to suck on my thumb.  His favorite thing to do at the moment is chase leaves and he's got lots to keep him busy. We are having a blast watching him grow and learn. 

********REGINA’S MISSION********

 
For this week Regina your mission will be to use Glossy Paper.  That's all your getting because I know you can do wonders with that. 
 
See Ya Next Week!

1 comment:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

It's a lovely card, Julie, and kudos to you for doing such a neat embossing job on glossy card stock--that's not an easy thing to do. I'll see if I still have some in my stash to use for next week's project. Jake--what a cutie! He looks like, "Uh, no . . . I'm sure I haven't seen that stuffed toy that you've been searching high and low to find."