Friday, December 28, 2012

Freestyle Fridays - Black and White

WOW this week has gone by fast!  It was only this morning that I realized it was Friday.  Having a lot of time off can make you lose track of time. I hope that you all have had a safe and Happy Holiday.
 
A friend of mine is celebrating her birthday on Sunday so I thought I would surprise her with a set of all occasion cards since she is a fan of my work.  This is going to be the actual Birthday card.  I haven't decided if I'm going to add a sentiment to the front.  I just might leave that for the inside.
 
 
It's been a long time since I've done anything with Black and White which is why I chose these two neutrals. And, I've had the Silver Glass Glitter since it came out and decided it was about time to use it. Although I used it a little too much I still think it was a good first attempt.
 
The flower is from Field Flowers which was stamped with Memento Black 4 times on a piece of scrap, then cut into squares and added to each corner on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.  This was all ran through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.  In the center, a strip of Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon was added.
 
The center flower and stem was all put together, including the black layer and sticky strip, prior to adding the glass glitter.  I put a blob of Glossy Accents in the center of the flower and then sprinkled the Glitter all over it and let it dry overnight.   Next time I try this I'll be a little less heavy handed with the Glossy Accents but still happy with the end result.  
 
********REGINA'S MISSION********
 
Regina, this is your last mission of the year.  Can you believe it?!?!  Your mission this week is to use only black and white to create a project.  You can embellish with silver or glass glitter if you like. 
 
Be sure to come next week and see what fabulous creation Regina has come up with.
 
Happy New Year!
 
See Ya Next Year!

3 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Julie, your card turned out so sparkly and pretty, and I think your first attempt at using the chunky glitter was a success! That stamp set is one that has caught my eye on more than one occasion! Great job!

Jacoline said...

Oh Julie this is such a lovely card. I know that your friend will really enjoy receiving it. The black and white concept is a favorite of mine and utilizing the chunky glass glitter in silver is just perfect as it sets off the focal point of the design. Good choice my friend.... it is just gorgeous.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely idea to use glass glitter with your black and white creation Julie! Vicky x
PS I don't mind being called Clare - my husband once called me Tuppence (that's our cat) so after that anything seems fine to me!