Thursday, November 15, 2012

Freestyle Fridays

I found myself in need of making a sympathy card this week so decided to feature it for this week's Freestyle Fridays.  The card is quite large 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 since over 20 people will be signing it. 

 
The base is a full sheet of Naturals White scored and folded at the half way mark.  The sentiment is from Thanks for Caring.  I rarely get rid of a sentiment stamp.  As I was looking around the craft room for inspiration I fell upon the texture plates and thought, Wow, I haven't seen something done with these in quite sometime.  When I was finished with the card and looking for the official name of the plate is when I realized why I haven't seen them used recently, Stampin' Up retired them.... Oh the official name, Texturz Plate Perfect Details, Pattern 1 - ran through the Big Shot with Bravo Burgundy. 
 
On Basic Black, the flower from Blooming with Kindness was embossed in Silver then ran through the Big Shot with a Labels die.
 
 
********REGINA'S MISSION********
 
This week Regina your mission is one of color - Naturals White with Bravo Burgundy.  The design and project type is up to you.  And, as an added bonus you can add an extra color.  As always the main objective is to have fun and to keep the chaos in the craft store down to a minimum cause you know you are going to be stuck to clean up after yourself.
 
See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Jacoline said...

Julie I just love this card and how you have created it. This stamp set is one of my favorites and I use it all the time. Like yourself I haven't used that texturized plate, in fact I own it but never used any of them so now that I see it I am going to attempt to work with one. Just lovely Julie and I know the family that receives this card will be truly touched.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

What a pretty card! It can be challenging to design a large card, but you did a great job. The embossed background looks great, too! Bravo Burgundy is a color that I rarely use, so I'll see what I can do next week.