Friday, October 19, 2012

Freestyle Fridays - A Little Spooky for Oct 31

The days are getting shorter and the temperature is cooler.  That can only mean that Halloween is around the corner.  Once I took a picture of the card below and added it to this post I realized that most of the items used to create it are retired!!!  As most of you know, I don't subscribe to the "it's retired, don't use it" philosophy. 

The base is Crumb Cake stamped with the Print Pattern background stamped in Basic Black.  I didn't want this stamp to be too too dark so I didn't add a lot of ink prior to stamping it.  I punched out some spiders with an MS punch using Basic Black Cardstock.  Dimensionals were used to adhere to the Crumb Cake.  The new Marvellous Squares by Spellbinders was ran through the Big Shot with Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait.  I went into the scrap bin to get these two pieces of color.  The image from Dark and Dreary was stamped with Basic Black ink on Peach Parfait and then again on Pear Pizzazz just catching the 31 to punch it out with the 1/2" circle punch. Layered all that together and attached to the Crumb Cake with mounting tape to give it some dimension. Are the spiders making your skin crawl.....

********REGINA'S MISSION********

This week Regina your mission is to create a card using a background stamp and making it a Halloween theme.  To make it a little more challenging, no green is allowed!

See Ya Next Week! 

2 comments:

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

I love your card, Julie! That's one of my favorite Halloween stamp sets from SU, and I don't often purchase Halloween sets. I will see what I can come up with for next week and will try to stay away from green. :-)

Jacoline said...

Hi Julie! What a great Halloween card. It is just adorable. Keep up the great work.