Friday, May 25, 2012

Freestyle Fridays - Shaped Card

I love Wednesdays simply because of a new tutorial being posted on SplitcoastStampers. And this Wednesday was no exception.  I followed the tutorial here to make this card.



I took it a step further and made the hinge part in two colors - Perfect Plum and Going Gray (sadly long retired).  I took a side view photo so that you could see both colors.  Here it is full frontal.


The Stampin' Up retiring list has been out for quite sometime now and a lot of stamp sets will be gone forever at the end of the month.  One of my favorites is Baroque Motifs.  I've used it in many different ways and will continue to do.  Here, I stamped the image with Versamark on Whisper White cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then I took a sponge and inked with Marina Mist.  Once the color was to my liking I wiped it with a paper towel to make the embossed image shine.  With a small daisy punch I made three flowers and added a silver self-adhesive pearl to the middle. Oh, and the whole base of the card was made with a scalloped Nestabilities.  It's one of those cards that is more striking in person. 

********REGINA'S MISSION********

Regina, this week, it's a square card!!! Wooooohoooooo! your absolute favorite.  Your mission is to make it a hinged one and let your creativity take it from there. 

See Ya Next Week!

2 comments:

Jacoline said...

Julie I just love this card. It is so feminine and just plain lovely. Thank you so much for creating it and sharing it with all of us. I have never done a hinged card like this so I am looking forward to trying it out.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card, Julie!!!! Love your color combo! Perfect Plum is one of my old favorites--it's so pretty. I'll have to look at the SCS technique, but I'm excited to "have" to make a square card. Oh goodie!!!!! Now watch me get in the zone and make the wrong shape. Ha!