Sunday, February 5, 2012

Craft Central Project No. 8 - CPC8

I haven't entered or done a challenge in a long long time.  Regina's been doing quite some fabulous work with Craft Central Project which inspired me to enter their latest challenge, No. 8, which is the sketch below.


This is what my imagination came up with.


I used the Simply Soft stamp set, embossed with Pewter on a wood sheet and stamped in Red Riding Hood Classic Ink on So Saffron.  I did distress the wood sheet a bit with the Distressing Essential Kit, although not quite happy with the result.  I found the wood sheet quite hard to distress and not easy to mould to my liking.  The sentiment, you're the BEST is from Perfect Words which was also embossed in Pewter.  Twill tape was added to the bottom with a chocolate chip bow tied ribbon.  The Bigz XL Tasteful Trim Die was used for the trim in Early Espresso Cardstock.

If you'd like to enter this challenge and be chosen as on of the two favorites you've got until the 10th.  Good Luck!

2 comments:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Hi Julie! Oh this is just the most lovely card and I love that you have done a sketch of it so that when the mood hits me I can try and do something similar. I really like the look of stamping on the wood and putting it onto a card... the affect is really pretty and feminine looking. Thanks so much for all the creative ideas... Take care and have a wonderful week.

KilkennyVFX said...

This is so creative!! I just love the pewter embossing on the wood sheet. Thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge at Craft Project Central! You used a great stamp set for this card too.